Mumbai being a hustling city is known for a variety of restaurants and pubs. The newest entrant to the ever growing F&B scene in Mumbai is The Finch and let me tell you, it’s definitely a breath of fresh air. With it’s very own microbrewery and a kick-ass ambiance, The Finch in Powai is definitely here to stay!
What is it?
The Finch, located in the by-lanes of Powai is Mumbai’s latest and most trendiest hot spot for post office hours chill scenes and partying as a whole. With epic craft beers on their menu and some lip-smacking world cuisine, Finch is definitely here to stay! The main attraction apart from the beers is the crazy and awestrucking ambiance. The place has elements of blue and indigo and most of the ambiance resonates with the maker’s love for beer and music.
What to drink?
With an in-house microbrewery, The Finch serves 5 craft beers namely – Wizard of Wit – Belgian Wit, Bombay Duck – Indian Pale Ale, Barbara Weissand – Hefeweizen, Cloud Black – Oat Meal Stout and Pip ‘N’ Peel – Apple Cider. Two of these beers are organic beers and hence can also be termed as eco-friendly foods 🙂 Apart from their beers, their in-house cocktails and mocktails are too good!
1. Wizard of Wit – Belgian Wit: This beer has a pleasant malty-sweet grain flavour that is entwined with citrusy orange peels, making it refreshingly crisp on the palate
2. Bombay Duck – Indian Pale Ale: India pale ale (IPA) is a beefed-up version of pale ale, made using more hops and with a higher alcohol content. This one’s a classic for sure!
3. Pip ‘N’ Peel – Apple Cider: Has to be our favorite!! The labour of love finds its origins from the rich apples from the hills of Kashmir. Deliciously fermented apple juice that relies on the wild yeast present, makes its way from the orchards to your glass.
4. Barbara Weissand – Hefeweizen: A harmonised blend of fruit and spice in the form of banana and clove, followed by a fluffy mouth feel and a dry finish makes this beer super refreshing and a common favorite!
5. Cloud Black – Oat Meal Stout: Evolved from the attempts to capitalize on the success of London porters, this brew is a fuller bodied brown black beer with a pronounced roasted flavour that accompanies notes of coffee and dark chocolate, adding to its complexity.
What to eat?
Known for some lip-smacking treats and impeccable world cuisine, you should definitely try Bharwaa Chicken Kebabs, Bloody Mary Prawns, Assorted Dumplings, Lotus steam & Raw Mango Kebabs, Chilli Cheese Cigars, Exotic Veggie Pizza, Nachos and Tiramisu for sure!
Any #MFJ Pro tip?
Try asking the management for food pairings with the beer. Some dishes go deliciously well with specific craft beers! 🙂
Address: Shah Industrial Estate, Opposite to Huntsman Building, Saki Vihar Road, Powai, Mumbai
Phone: 022 30151097
Approx cost for 2: ₹1,800 for two people (approx.)
Zomato Gold: Available
Opening Hours: 12noon – 1:30am
Happy Hours: 4PM to 8:00PM Sunday to Thursday
If epic beers, good food, foot-tapping live music and an awesome ambiance is your thing, then The Finch in Powai is a hands down must visit! Share this with your friends and make the most of this place now!