With a perfect amalgamation of grandeur and flavors, Pan Asian is one restaurant that redefines your culinary experience. Located in the majestic ITC Maratha, Pan Asian serves the best of Oriental cuisine such as Japanese, Chinese, Mongolian, Korean and Thai. Nahh I’m not exaggerating it! 😀 It is surely one of the finest experiences I have had in recent times.
I recently visited Pan Asian during the Chinese New Year on 16th February 2018, wherein they served an array of Chinese delicacies to us that are savoured during the Chinese New Year. Having my own set of favorites in the city, I was initially quite surprised with the entire hospitality and experience. Be it the balance of flavours or the space, everything is in absolute sync! The interiors are chic and have an oriental element to it.
Apart from that, Pan Asian also has a live kitchen where you can witness all the magic right from the comfort of your seat ☺ The chefs are the stars here! With their expertise and unique knowledge, they craft a dish that is close to absolute perfection! We tried these dishes as a part of their Chinese New Year Menu:
1. Five flavored Crispy Chicken from Guangdong – Flavor packed pieces of succulent chicken, that please your taste buds to no levels! Couldn’t stop munching on this one!
2. Pan fried whole pomfret in chilli bean sauce from Sichuan – Attention all the seafood lovers! This is a must try dish at Pan Asian.
Tender pomfret is pan fried in Chili bean sauce which is typically a spicy & salty paste made from broad beans, soya beans, salt, rice and various spices. Pan Frying on the other hand is a technique of cooking meat using minimal cooking oil or fat! ☺
3. Chilli Prawn Dumpling- This was a show stopper dish! The dish was so flavorful and perfect that it was love at first bite! No kidding! There’s this amazing paste called the Chilli Paste that tops the dumpling which creates most of the magic in the dish. It almost takes 1 week to make the entire chilli paste 😱
4. Chicken Shao Mai & Boiled Veg. Dumplings from Shanghai– One word for these dishes-Gorgeous! ❤ The presentation clubbed with the taste made it a stunner altogether.
5. Mongolian Noodle – Delicious rice noodles coated in a rich hoisin sauce and tossed in an array of veggies made for a perfect dish! Definitely coming back for more of these!
To sum up the experience, Pan Asian at ITC Maratha has made it’s way to my top favorites! And when I say this, I absolutely mean it. The food is so flavorful and comforting, that you just can’t stop gobbling!
Definitely recommending this to all my readers 🙌
For more updates on food, travel and lifestyle, follow us on Instagram- @mumbaifoodjunkie