Spices & Flavors or widely known as S&F is a famous chain of vegetarian restaurants.
Tracing back to 2005, S&F had just one humble branch in Worli.
Thanks to it’s popularity and amazing food, this particular brand now has 2 restaurants at Fort & Chowpatty 😀
Plus a vegetarian café and bar under the same brand too? How awesome is that? 😀 I’ll come to that later 😛 (after an official invite maybe)
I was invited for a food tasting session here, and being a true-blue non-vegetarian food junkie, I went like “Vegetarian food invite? Ummm”
And the PR went like ” Trust me you’ll love the food!”
And she totally stood by her words 😀
S&F hands down served us a delectable and sumptuous spread of food 😀
Right from the Indian to the Continental section, each and every dish we tried were drool-worthy and on point !
With almost 25 categories in the never ending menu, we settled in for dishes which the staff recommended 🙂
1. Cheese Fondue- This dish was the first dish we ordered and it turned out to be the best dish of the afternoon 😀
Melted cheese (assuming parmesan and a bit of processed) was served in a fondue pot which was evenly heated by a candle. Plus we had broccoli, toasted bread,lavash and bread sticks alongside. All tasted bang on with the cheese! 😀 Would definitely recommend this for the first timers!
2.Thai Clear soup- Your regular clear soup with sliced broccoli, zucchini, bell peppers, cabbage and baby corn. Couldn’t really figure out the “thai-ness”, but overall okay.
3. Kurkure Paneer- I must say all the dishes here were really photogenic, all thanks to the presentation 😀
This dish was yet another favorite cuz it was uniquely made and had a batter and coat made up of Papad! Yes! A distinctive and unique dish having a combo of both Paneer and Papad :D. Yummaaayyy!
4. Achaari and Chaakori Paneer Tikka- Haha don’t these both sound like some judwaa dons? 😛
“Aaaakha Mumbai, achaari and chaakori bhaai ka!” Ok nevermind 😛
Both the starters were well marinated and the paneer tasted blissful! Personally liked the Achaari over the chaakori 🙂 Lip-smacking is the word!
5. Flavoured cheese bread- More like bruschetta, these babies were soft and fluffy breads made with doughs which are specially prepared in-house! 😀 Flavorful and fresh, these tasted amazing with the salsa dip served alongside.
6. Pizza Al-Vodka – Al habibi tume vodka pizza me daaalti? 😛
Yes oh yes! This in-house speciality, had vodka in the pizza! :O
Like two of my favorite things blended into one! My life feels complete now 😀
This pizza had these huge chunks of Pineapple and Tomato, plus a splash of vodka made it taste divine *_* Superrr innovative and yummy!
7. Paneer Hazari masala: A cashewnut paste based yellow gravy which is again a in-house speciality! This dish is a hit amongst S&F’s customers cuz I could notice quite a few Paneer Hazaris rolling their way out of the kitchen 🙂
The gravy and paneer blended so perfectly, no less than a married couple! 😛 Tasted amaaaazing with the Naan!
8. Rumaali Roti- *Scrolls zomato pictures* ——>
*Spots this huge circular UFO-ish roti*——->
*Swarali goes crazy*
Yes. The Rumaali Roti here was one humongous circular roti! 😀
A bit towards the crispy side, this roti had a lot of cheese, tomato, onion and garam masala seasonings over it. Ohhh soo yummy!
9. Mocktails: We ordered for a Raspberry & Apple cruncher and S&F Cinderella. Both the mocktails were quite good 🙂 Would recommend the cruncher over the Cinderella!
10. Sizzling Brownie – This had Vanilla ice-cream scoops stacked upon brownie slices. The chocolate sauce is poured over by the waiter and then all that is left is *sizzzzles* 😀 Superb presentation and ohh so divine *_*
What to order for the first timers? – Cheese Fondue, Flavored cheese bread, Achaari Paneer tikka, Cheese Fondue, Pizza-Al-vodka and Sizzling brownie.
Overall Verdict: 4/5
All in all a superb place for a vegetarian dine-in in South Mumbai! Dim Yellow lighting plus calm & soft instrumental music is quite a stress buster 🙂 Now I know why many office goers hustle in and out of this place soo often!
With that yummy food, relaxing ambience and superb service ,nobody would miss a chance to come here 🙂
Thank you S&F team for the invite 🙂 It was a delight to review your esteemed restaurant 🙂